COVID-19 Patient Letter
We are really looking forward to seeing all of you again when we reopen on June 8 at 8:30 am. Excited doesn’t even begin to describe how we feel!
In these past weeks, we have spent countless hours following the Michigan Optometric Association, American Optometric Association, and Center for Disease Control guidelines to assure that when the time came, we would be able to welcome both you and our staff back to the safest environment possible. We have improved our infection control protocols so that they meet the MOA, AOA, and CDC guidelines.
We ask that you bring the following items to your appointment:
- Face mask
- Insurance information and your own pen
- The glasses and contacts that you are currently wearing
In order to protect the health of our patients and staff, and reduce the time you need to spend in the office, we have implemented the following procedures:
- We ask that all paperwork be completed on-line before coming to your appointment. Help will be available if you need it.
- When you arrive in the parking lot, please call us from your car to let us know you are here – (248) 258-9000. You will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and exposures over the phone.
- When you arrive at the office, you will have your temperature taken and be asked to sanitize your hands.
- It will be necessary that everyone who enters the office wear a face mask at all times.
- There will no longer be food or drinks available or permitted in the office.
- We ask that patients come to their appointment alone, unless the patient is a minor, has a guardian, or needs assistance. In these cases, only one visitor will be permitted.
- We have removed chairs from our waiting room in order to promote social distancing, and we have removed all hard -to-disinfect items such as reading material and toys.
- Plexiglass breath shields have been installed throughout the office.
- Markers have been placed on the floor to indicate 6 feet social distancing at the front desk.
- You will notice that all staff will be wearing masks, and when appropriate will also be using gloves, face shields, scrubs and goggles.
- Sanitation procedures have been updated for the entire office, including exam rooms and equipment, screening rooms, frames and optician stations.
- We have streamlined our exam process to minimize your time in the office, while still providing you with the highest quality of care you have come to expect.
- To reduce the number of times you must come to our office, your new glasses / contacts will be shipped to you. To expedite this, full payment will be required at the time they are ordered.
- Should adjustments for your glasses be needed, please call for an appointment.
We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to seeing you soon. Please feel free to call our office if you have any additional questions or concerns.
See you soon!
The Doctors and Staff of Vision Specialists of Michigan